Monday, September 19, 2011

The Naked Poodle

OOPS.... is really all I can say after yesterdays clipper mishap.
Raleigh got a bath in the early afternoon so we could give him a long needed shave when he dried in the late afternoon.
It started out as good as it can when shaving a poodles face and feet. I use a 15 blade to do this (keep in mind the higher the number the shorter the cut).
Then it was time to do the rest of his body, which I do about once every 5 to 6 weeks, while his face and feet get done once every 2 to 3 weeks.  
I loaded the clippers with what I thought was the #5 blade, BUT it was the #10. I went from the back of his neck to the base of his tail before I noticed something didn't seem right. My assistant Savanna figured out I had the wrong blade, but by then it was too late. So away we clipped. Now poor Raleigh is naked... but he wont need a full body clip for a long time!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Awe poor poodle!! It doesn't look too bad! His ears are sooooo long!!!!

Rebbie said...

Maybe I should start knitting him a sweater. I'll bet he's cold! He looks really pretty though.

Unknown said...

Jill says he looks like crushed velvet.

Shelly said...

Raleigh looks perplexed as to why he's naked! He does look very soft, though.

Sandy Ang said...

Oh your poodle is cute dispite the mishap. My kitty looks miserable after his bath too.