Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pre Christmas frenzy


Why oh why does it have to be this way?


Last week is still a blur for me. Savanna's science fair project was due, along with a project for her Spanish class. She had a choir concert, and school parties. Justin had a choir concert, and the annual Madrigal dinner. It was my last week of work until after the New Year, so I had to finish up my work, and help tie up loose ends here and there. Scott and I had a dinner to attend, and he left for El Paso for a company Christmas party over the weekend.
We started the week with Lauren's wisdom teeth removal and ended the week with knee surgery for Justin. And I had a sinus infection thru it all.

This week is much better, Lauren is recovered, Savanna is relaxing at home (and not yet bored), my shopping is mostly done, gifts are wrapped and Scott is home. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Now we can just pause and remember the gift of the season, and what Christmas is really all about.
My goal this week: To fill my heart with the baby Jesus, and give thanks for the gift of salvation He was born to bring to us. I hope each of you take the time to just sit in calm silence and reflect on the greatest gift of all.

No comments: